OH, let’s just be list-y.
1. On my fingernails today, OPI’s “Birthday Babe.” It’s a fun silvery shade.
2. On my toenails today, OPI’s “The One That Got Away.” Shimmery, berry color. Grammatically, it bothers me. It should be The One WHO Got Away, but that wouldn’t sound as cute. It’s the sort of color that looks better then longer you look at it. Try not to stare.
3. Also a fave, “Love is a Racket.” It’s a gorgeous shimmery orange-red. I bought it for myself on Valentine’s Day because the name made me laugh. For years my mother would often exclaim, “WHAT? That’s a RACKET!” about any number of topics. And then I started exaggerating her delivery and saying it about, well, everything, because I found it so amusing and then oddly… she stopped saying it altogether. But she never said, “WHAT? LOVE IS A RACKET!” but I thought of her anyway, and how my husband was moving out the very next day and the stupid OPI color made me laugh and so I bought it.
4. I didn’t put it on because it is almost exactly the same orange-red color as OPI’s muppet inspired ”Animal-istic”, which was already on my toes and I was more interested in trying out the shimmery berry “One That Got Away” anyway.
5. Are you about sick of a list about nail colors? Because I could tell you about how WHILE I was painting my nails I was also watching Top Shot and during commercials, running out to the garage and filling in furniture holes with Elmer’s wood filler (LOVE that stuff) and then sanding it down, and that is EXACTLY what you don’t need to be doing at the same time you’re painting your nails Birthday Babe or any other color. Because… well. You have to go back and fix it. A lot.
6. But the furniture looks good.
7. Okay, no it doesn’t. But it looks BETTER.
8. I’ve been collecting cheap, grody furniture with the right ‘lines’ so i can fix it all up how i want it. And researching how to actually do that. (thank you for all your previous tips on that. i printed out all your advice and carry it with me like altoids now. Although, to be fair, not one of you said, ”I recommend that you don’t repair furniture or orbitally sand anything while having wet nail polish.” I guess y’all just thought I’d know better.)
9. This is brief because I need to go break a few gorgeous nails and strip some furniture.*
*My mother has politely requested that I not refer to my 3 craigslist tables as “my sex offender furniture” even though that is factually VERY true.** He WAS. So I won’t. I’ll just call them ‘tables’ from now on. That’s so very much less… interesting sounding though.
**Well of COURSE I casually said something like, “and over there maybe I’ll put one of my ‘sex offender tables’” JUST to get a kick out of her polite, reserved reaction. And I did. It’s a racket.
But today I’m working on those three exact tables that came from a questionable source. And that’s all I’ll say.